As long as you have a Wi-Fi or mobile Internet connection, you can easily use your AT&T email account on an iPhone. You can either access your AT&T email account through the Safari browser on the iPhone or set it up using POP/IMAP. It’s very easy to send and receive AT&T emails on the iPhone. However, at times different errors and issues cause a lot of trouble for users trying to access AT&T on iPhone. If you are an AT&T email user and your AT&T email account is not working on iPhone, then this article is for you.
You should note that like any other courier, AT&T also has a lot of technical and non-technical issues involved. We will cover most of them in this tutorial. Furthermore, if your ATT email is not working on your iPhone today, we will also provide you with the proper solution.
AT&T Email Not working on iPhone
It is not possible to pinpoint one or two issues that can be causing the AT&T email issue on iPhone. In fact, there are a number of possible factors that can lead to problems using your iPhone. Nevertheless, we have compiled some of the most common reasons why you are having problems using AT&T email on your iPhone.
- The browser you are using on your iPhone is not compatible with the iPhone.
- If you can’t sign in to AT&T Mail, it’s very possible that you entered the wrong email address or password.
- Your Internet connection can also be a reason if you get AT&T email not opening, AT&T not responding, etc.
- Your Safari browser add-on is preventing AT&T from loading properly.
- If you want to set up AT&T mail on the iPhone (in the “Mail” app), the main cause of the problem is incorrect IMAP/POP settings.
- Your iPhone’s antivirus app is preventing AT&T from working properly.
- If your AT&T email is not receiving email on your iPhone, it is very possible that your iPhone is running out of storage space.
- Sometimes you may face problems like the inability to read Att.net emails, inability to open attachments, etc. Such issues usually arise when your device is missing Flash Player or any other application that needs to read attached files.
Apart from these common issues, there are many other major and minor issues that can cause problems with your ATT email account.
How to fix the ATT email not working on iPhone 2022 issue?
The problems that arise with AT&T’s email account are varied in nature, which is why the solutions, to solve them, are also different. Let’s fix some of the most common AT&T email problems on the iPhone.
Unable to connect to AT&T Mail (Forgot Password)
If you forget AT&T email password, you need to perform AT&T email password recovery by following the steps below:
- First, you need to visit the AT&T Forget Password page.
- Provide your full AT&T email address and last name.
- Select the option “I will answer my security question” (You can also choose to enter the security code via another phone number or any other email ID)
- Answer the security questions you set when you created your AT&T email account.
- Enter a new AT&T email password for your account.
That’s all, you have successfully reset the AT&T password. Now you can quickly log in to your email account.
AT&T email loading slow on iPhone / AT&T email not working on Safari
Safari is the preferred web browser for iOS devices. If you have any problems using AT&T on Safari, you should follow the steps below.
- check your Internet connection; It should be sharp and smooth.
- Restart your iPhone and try to play AT&T Email again.
- Clear your Safari browser cache and cookies.
- Make sure that no such application can interfere with the smooth running of the Safari browser.
- Run an antivirus scan using a good antivirus application.
Remember that these steps apply if your AT&T email account is not working on iPhone 5, 6, 7, 8, or the latest iPhone X.
AT&T does not send or receive email
If you are unable to send or receive an AT&T email on your iPhone, you should check the following.
- First, you’ll need to check your Wi-Fi or mobile connection to make sure you’re connected to the Internet.
- Make sure your account hasn’t been blocked by AT&T due to suspicious activity or excessive spam.
- Check other folders in your AT&T email account, such as Spam, Trash, etc. Sometimes incoming AT&T emails may also land in these folders.
- Troubleshoot email attachment issues, i.e. make sure AT&T has permission for the size and format of the email attachment file.
AT&T.net doesn’t work with your iPhone’s “Mail” app
Accessing them through the “Mail” application requires configuring ATT email on the iPhone. If you’re having trouble, it’s very possible that your AT&T email account isn’t set up correctly. Luckily, you can add AT&T email on iPhone automatically. To do this follow the steps below:
- Select the “Settings” option on your iOS device’s home screen.
- Press the “Mail” button followed by “Account.”
- Next, you need to select the “Add Account” option.
- “Yahoo!” Select Email from the list of service providers.
- Enter your full AT&T email address and password in the space provided.
- Tap “Next”.
- Select the information you want to download to your iPhone, i.e. Email, Contacts, Notes, Calendar, etc.
- Finally, press “Save”.
Can’t Set Up AT&T Mail on iPhone
If you can’t set up AT&T on iPhone automatically or manually, you’ll need to check that your POP/IMAP settings for AT&T on iPhone are correct. The IMAP settings for using an AT&T email account on iPhone are shown below:
- POP/IMAP: IMAP
- Incoming Server Hostname: imap.mai.att.net
- Incoming Server Port: 993
- SSL (Incoming Server Security): SSL
- Outgoing Server Hostname: smtp.mail.att.net
- Outgoing Server Port: 465
- Authentication Required / Login Required: Yes
If your AT&T account still doesn’t work on the iPhone, you should contact AT&T Support for further instructions.