If you have been using the AT&T email client to enjoy email service, I must tell you that you have made a good choice. Founded in 1876, AT&T revolutionized the world of communications and became the largest company in the world employing over one million people.
All these things make AT&T one of the best email service providers, however, this may not always be true. Email services are never error-free, be it Gmail, Yahoo, or AT&T. Every time mistake can take you by surprise, especially when you least expect it. The same happens with AT&T which is known to work perfectly but sometimes it can crash. If AT&T email is not working, then there is nothing to worry about as everything can be fixed.
Sometimes you want to send an urgent email but you can’t. You might be wondering what happened to your att.net email account, but the problem is not just with you and others are also facing similar issues. No matter att.net is out of email or you can’t log in, every error has a solution. This guide will help you troubleshoot any problems that may or may not be happening with the AT&T mail service.
How to Fix AT&T Email Not Working
Here you’ll find step-by-step solutions for all the possible errors you may encounter with AT&T:
Issue -1 You are Unable to Login
This is one of the frequently encountered AT&T email problems by users in 2020 as well. If you’re having trouble signing in with AT&T, chances are you’re not following the correct steps to sign in to your AT&T account.
To sign in to your AT&T account:
- Enter your username
- Type in the password
- And click on ‘Sign in
Make sure that you have entered the details correctly. Also, a strong network is needed to access your account without any issues and that’s how you can fix AT&T Yahoo email problems. You’ll also have trouble signing in if your AT&T email account has been hacked.
Issue -2 AT&T Not Working with Outlook
If you have set up your AT&T account with Outlook and are having issues, check to see if you entered the incoming and outgoing mail server settings correctly. If AT&T is not working properly with Outlook, you can:
- Run Outlook in safe mode
- Enter the correct configuration settings:
Incoming mail server: imap.mail.att.net
Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.att.net
Incoming mail server: inbound.att.net
Outgoing mail server: outbound.att.net
Also, if you have installed antivirus, this can interfere with your email account. So you can try disabling it temporarily and then check if the error persists.
Issue-3 Unable to send or receive email
Solution: If you cannot send emails with your AT&T account, check for the following errors:
- Make sure you do not exceed the maximum attachment size limit.
- Entering the wrong recipient email address can also result in delivery failure.
- Make sure you haven’t blocked the recipient.
If you are not receiving an email in your AT&T account, you can consider the following:
- Try logging into your AT&T account on another browser.
- If you have created filters for your AT&T account, this may be one of the reasons why you are not receiving emails in your inbox. Remove all filters, then ask the sender to resend the email.
- Also, clear the browser’s cache and cookies, then log in again; If that doesn’t help you can also reset the browser.
Here’s how you can try to troubleshoot problems sending or receiving emails with AT&T.
Issue-4 AT&T Website Not Responding
This is one of the common problems with att email; It is important to check if the email is working fine today and there is no problem with the server before sending the email. If you do not receive a response from the Website and you are unable to log in or do anything; There may be a problem with the server and the AT&T Mail service may have stopped. In such a situation, you can just wait for the server inactivity to recover.
Issue-5 AT&T Not Working on iPhone
Using your AT&T account on your iPhone makes it easier to access messaging services on the go. But there may be times when ATT email stops working on iPhone. If your att email account is not working on your iPhone, here are the troubleshooting steps you can try: Check if your iPhone device is connected to a strong network and Delete your AT&T account, then add it again as follows:
- Go to the “Settings” section of your iPhone and click on “Mail, Contacts & Calendars.”
- Tap “Add Account,” then “Other.”
- After tapping on “Add Email Account”, enter the required information.
- For the Incoming Mail Server, select IMAP and enter the required details.
- Then choose SMTP as the outgoing mail server and enter the required information.
- Make sure to save all changes and restart your device.
Issue-6 AT&T Not Working on Android
If your email AT&T is not working and you are getting errors on your Android device then you need to set the account correctly as follows:
- From the menu, open the email application and then tap ‘Add a new account’; further tap ‘Others’.
- Tap ‘Add account’ and on the next screen, enter the account details i.e. your AT&T email address and password, and then click on ‘Login’.
- Under the Incoming mail server, enter the following details:
IMAP server: imap.mai.att.net
Security type: SSL
- Under the Outgoing mail server, enter the following details:
SMTP server: smtp.mail.att.net
Security type: SSL
- Also, Enter:
Verification for sending email: yes
Password: your AT&T email password
That’s how you can fix AT&T email issues on Android devices.
Error-7 AT&T Password Not Working
If you just realized that your AT&T email password is not working, it means that you forgot your password or someone else hacked into your account and changed it. Resetting your password can help in the following ways:
- Go to the ATT login page and click “Forgot your password?” Click on
- Next, you need to enter your User ID and Last Name.
- Then you have to select “Temporary password” or “Security question” and then follow the instructions.
- If you have selected the Temporary Password option, then enter the password you received, then you will be allowed to create a new password for your account.
If you have also forgotten your User ID and Password, you will need to:
- Click “Forgot ID” on the AT&T login page.
- You will then need to enter an email address where they can contact you.
- You may also be asked to choose how you want to receive your ID.
- Simply enter the User ID sent to you and by following the steps above, you can simply reset your password.
This was the latest and updated information about AT&T Email Not Working 2022 that you can consider in troubleshooting your email account. For more help and advice regarding your AT&T email account, you can visit the AT&T email help page.