AOL Mail has been delighting users for a long time with its features and smooth operation. A free webmail service lets you easily access and return important messages. However, sometimes you may find that AOL Mail Not Showing Images. The problem is not only prevalent among those using it on the web, but also among those who use AOL on their Android phones. To deal with it, it is necessary to first determine the extent of the problem. Sometimes you may have difficulties viewing images from a specific area. On the other hand, images may not be displayed for all of your contacts. In this troubleshooting guide, you will find an effective solution to the problem.
Initial Troubleshooting for AOL Mail Not Showing Images
As mentioned earlier, there are two scenarios where images are not showing up. Here’s what you should do in each case.
- When images of particular contacts are not showing – In this case, you have to first open the message which contains images of a particular contact. Then find the option “Don’t block images” and tap on it.
- When images are not showing up for all contacts – Go to the AOL email login page here. Once there, tap on “Settings” followed by “Options”. Now go to “General”. Uncheck the box for “Hide pictures in mail from unknown people”. Finally, tap on “Apply”.
How to Fix AOL Mail Images Not Showing the Issue
If you have completed the above process but the images are still not visible, then proceed with further action. Here are some other procedures to solve this problem.
1. Enable HTML in Mail Settings
Many users are unaware that disabled HTML often prevents images from appearing in emails. You must have HTML or Hypertext Markup Language enabled to view photos in your email messages.
- Launch your web browser.
- Now go to the official AOL Mail login page. It’s login.aol.com.
- Now enter your AOL Mail credentials in their respective fields.
- Press the “Connection” button.
- Once you have accessed your account, press “Options”. It’s under your username.
- Now tap on the “Email Settings” option. This option can be found under the “Customize” tab.
- Now select the “Compose” tab to change email settings.
- Go to the “Rich Text/HTML” option.
- If it is not enabled, enable it.
- Now select the “Apply Changes” option.
- After that log out of your account.
- Now refresh your web browser and log back into your account.
2. Test the Image Extension
Sometimes images are not showing in your mail because of their extension. If the image extension is not in a format supported by AOL Mail, you will encounter problems. PNG, JPG, and JPEG are three image formats that make it easy to display images. Check if your contact sent you a message with an image extension that doesn’t fit into these categories. In this case, you need to convert to one of the extensions mentioned above. Ask the sender of the message to change the image extension format and resend the message.
3. Clear Your Web Browser Cache
Often AOL Mail does not show pictures because of the accumulated browser cache. That’s why you need to know how to clear your browser cache to fix this problem. Follow these steps that correspond to your browser.
- In your browser, tap on the icon with three dots. It’s located in the upper-right corner of the browser screen.
- After that, click on the “More Tools” option.
- Next, choose the option to clear or delete browsing data.
- Now you need to set any duration. The idea is to choose the “All Time” option.
- Now find the option “Cookies and other site data”. Check it out. Also, check the “Cached images and files” option.
- After checking these boxes, tap on “Clear data”. Your cache and cookies will be removed from your browser. You can now check whether your images are showing up in your AOL Mail account.
Mozilla Firefox Browser
- Open Firefox and tap on the “Library” icon.
- Now select “History”.
- After that, tap on the option “Clear recent history”.
- You can now choose a time range if you want to clear the history for a specific amount of time.
- Alternatively, tap “All” to clear all browser history.
- Check “Caching”. You can uncheck the options which you do not want to clear.
- Finally, tap on “Erase Now”.
- Once you have successfully cleared your cache, refresh your email. See if you can see images in your email.
- Fixed AOL Mail image not showing on the Windows Mail app.
Many users find that when they access images on their Windows Mail app the images are not showing up in AOL. If you also have this problem, then you need to enable the “Sync all network messages and pictures” feature.
- Go to the Mail app. Now tap on the “Settings” icon. It is located in the lower left corner.
- Now tap on “Manage Accounts”.
- Tap your account name.
- From there, select the “Change settings” option.
- Now tap on “Change mailbox sync settings”.
- Check the “Always download full messages and Internet images” option.
- Finally, save the settings by tapping “Done”.
- Now restart your Mail app.
4. Reset your web settings
Another easy way to fix this image problem with AOL Mail is to reset the web settings. This fixes any problems that may have existed in the existing settings. Use these steps for Chrome and Firefox browsers.
- Launch the browser and press the More options symbol.
- Select “Settings” and scroll down.
- Click on “Advanced” and go to the “Reset and Cleanup” section.
- Tap on “Reset settings to their original defaults”.
- Now tap on “Reset Settings”.
- Launch the Mozilla Firefox browser.
- Head to the “About” section, then to “Support”.
- Press “Refresh Firefox” followed by “Finish”.
These steps will resolve issues that prevent AOL Mail from displaying images. You can implement them and see which one works for you. But if you don’t get any improvement, contact expert email support. Professionals will fix deep technical problems that are causing the problem.