Are you also an existing iPhone and AOL Mail user? In this case, you probably have faced messaging problems in the past or you may face them in the future. As we received several queries from our readers, their AOL email is not working on iPhones.
Many of us have been using AOL email services for a very long time. While many users have started using Gmail and other email services, AOL Mail has maintained a loyal following of its former users. However, when the term “long time” occurs, it directly indicates that the user is using an AOL email account to send or receive important emails. Encountering a problem while using an AOL email account is not a pleasant one. Where iPhones have grown in popularity, the main problem AOL Mail users face is that their email account is not working on their iPhone.
Why AOL Email is Not Working on iPhone
We strongly recommend that you look at the reasons why AOL Mail is not working on your iPhone before jumping straight to the solutions. As sometimes there may be a minor issue in your mobile due to the email account not working. So here are the reasons why AOL email is not working on iPhones.
- Weak internet connection: When internet speed is slow, automatically AOL email will not be able to work properly.
- AOL Mail App is Outdated: The AOL Mail App is updated from time to time to provide the best user experience. However, when users do not update downloaded apps and iOS to the latest version frequently, their iPhones will not be able to meet the minimum requirements to use the app or software, which will slow down the operation of the application.
- Entering Incorrect Login Credentials: Sometimes while trying to open the app in a hurry, users may enter the wrong password in the insert box. That’s why we suggest that you enter the password very carefully and double-check it before proceeding.
- Internet Backend Issues: Sometimes technical issues can cause problems with your internet connection. So if the server is down on the backend side, you won’t be able to do anything. You have to wait for the problem to resolve on its own. The same scenario can be reversed next to the messaging app.
- Using an older version of iOS: When your iPhone iOS version has not been updated for a long time. Then it can automatically slow down the running speed and the way it works.
How to Fix AOL Mail Not Working on iPhone
So, once you get rid of all the possible reasons why iPhone users are not using AOL email. Next, let’s look at the methods and processes to resolve the error.
1. Force stop and relaunch app: Sometimes when you run many background apps in the background, it can slow down your phone and internet speed too. So close all running applications and relaunch the AOL Mail application.
- Firstly, press the Home button twice.
- Now you will see all the apps running in the background.
- Then swipe up the apps’ images in this list.
- Finally, re-run the application and try again to perform the same task through which you faced the error initially.
2. Double-Check Your Login Credentials: When you entered incorrect login credentials when logging into the email account, you will no longer be able to access your AOL email on your iPhone. Hence, before submitting the login credentials to AOL Mail, please double-check the login credentials and ensure that you have ensured the correct handling of the Caps and Numbers key.
4. Reset Multiple Email Accounts: Sometimes when using multiple email accounts, AOL Email doesn’t work. Therefore, resetting multiple email accounts can easily fix the problems you are having with the AOL email app. It can be difficult to reset multiple email accounts one by one. So to reset all accounts at once, go to Settings and scroll down until you see AOL. Then tap on AOL and select the option “Reset All Accounts”. Once you tap on the option, all your AOL email accounts will be reset in the app and after that you will have to log in to each account again.
5. Update AOL Mail App: Sometimes the old way of updating the app to the latest available version also works now. So, the process to update your iPhone’s AOL Mail app to the latest version is as follows.
- First of all go to the iOS App Store of your iPhone mobile.
- Then type “AOL Mail” in the insert box and find the app’s page.
- Once you have opened the app page, click on the “Update” option. If you can’t find the option, it means that your AOL Mail app is already updated to the latest version.
- Click on the “Update” option, then the update process will start automatically.
Once the application is updated, launch AOL Messaging again and try sending a sample email. At this point, after following all the steps mentioned above, AOL email not working on iPhone will be resolved.
We have mentioned all the possible steps you can take to fix AOL email not working on iPhone. If you have specific questions, don’t hesitate to contact us via the Support section. Our experienced professionals will be happy to solve your query.