Direct printing from software has become common practice. It is now extremely common to print an email, document, or image directly from the software. You can print directly from the software after installing AOL Desktop Gold on your computer and using it to access your email and download files and attachments. However, we often find that AOL Desktop Gold not working. This is because there are many reasons for this. In addition, AOL Gold Desktop is incredibly popular among Internet users, and therefore it is important to address issues related to this technology.
Printing An Email from AOL Gold
Printing emails with AOL Desktop Gold is simple and few people know how to do it, so they face the problem of not working. You just need to print your important emails and websites and save a hard copy of them.
Note: When printing email, only text will be visible and you will have to upload images and other attachments separately.
Below are the steps to print email from AOL Gold Desktop:
1. First start AOL Desktop Gold.
2. Login using your password and username.
3. Click the Read icon to access your inbox.
4. Navigate to the email you want to print.
5. Select the Print button.
6. Press Print.
Couse for AOL Desktop Gold Not Printing
With so many features and features present in AOL Desktop Gold software, crashes do happen occasionally. Often they can be avoided, and although a mistake seems inevitable, one must be persistent in the search for an appropriate remedy. Printing errors are one of the bugs that can appear in this software, and they can sometimes be very serious. Another common problem with AOL Gold Desktop is that it stops working at times. Every time you try to print something with AOL Gold it won’t work. This is typical because of a broken printer, outdated software, or some incompatible programs. It can cause problems if not resolved quickly.
It is a fact that there is rarely a single cause of the technical difficulty. There can be many reasons for this problem, but here we have listed some of the most common.
AOL Gold will not work if:
- The AOL Desktop Gold software installation was incorrect.
- Program files are faulty or damaged.
- AOL Gold incompatibility with another file that you already have on your PC is also a possible cause of this problem.
- Effects of any malware or virus that may cause the application to malfunction.
- A corrupted or damaged system hard drive can cause such a problem.
Whatever the reason for your inability to print with AOL Desktop Gold, there is an easy solution you can implement. Nevertheless, it is advisable to first determine if the print device has been replaced or is a problem before starting the troubleshooting methods listed below. Ideally, the AOL Desktop Gold software should also be updated to the latest version.
What happens when AOL Desktop Gold Not Working?
If you open Desktop Gold or try to install it and receive the “AOL Desktop Gold has stopped working” error message, you need to download and run an updated installer file. The steps for the same are given below:
1. Download the latest Desktop Gold installation file.
2. Open the AOL Desktop.exe file you downloaded to run the new installer.
3. Navigate to Desktop Gold and open it if it was not started automatically by running the installer.
How to Fix AOL Desktop Gold not working issue.
Below are several methods to fix AOL Desktop Gold not working issue.
Method 1: Check Your Device for AOL Compatibility
If your device is not compatible with AOL Desktop Gold, you will undoubtedly find that it will not open. Many users are still using older computers that do not have the hardware requirements for this program. Therefore, you need to upgrade your machine’s hardware for AOL Desktop Gold to function properly. The program will not run or continue to show errors if your hardware has not been upgraded. The following requirements must be met before installing this software on your machine.
- 1 GB RAM.
- A 266 MHz or faster processor.
- Either Windows 7 version or Mac OS X 10.0.
- You have 512 MB of free disk space.
Method 2: Check Add-ons
Your device may have some add-ons already installed. With the AOL Desktop Gold program, these add-ons are incompatible. The best thing to do is to disable the add-on first, followed by a system scan.
Method 3: End the Program
If you notice that this is not the case, you should always quit this software and restart it. Users can follow the steps given below.
- Simultaneously press the Ctrl, Alt, and Del keys.
- Select the “Processes” tab.
- Choose an AOL desktop app. Click “End Program”.
- An alert window will appear. Click “End Program”.
- Now open the software again.
Method 4: Remove Virus from Your System
Your computer will run slowly in the presence of a virus. If you try to run the software, it will also show an AOL Gold Stop Working notice. Seeing something like this you should scan your computer for malware. Undoubtedly, there is a virus present on your device and this is the main reason why your app is unresponsive and not working.
Method 5: Download and start the update installer
An older version of AOL Desktop Gold is also causing problems connecting to AOL Mail. If AOL Gold does not open, you may receive an error message. To download AOL Gold and run an updated installer file, follow the instructions below.
- Visit the AOL website. Soon after, start downloading the upgraded installer file.
- Open the file on your computer and run it.
- Once the installation is complete, go to the AOL icon. Then simply launch Desktop Gold.
Method 6: Check Default Settings
Your device settings notably change when you update Windows. They may prevent AOL Desktop Gold from working properly. Therefore, you should check if any settings have been changed that may affect the operation of AOL. If any changes have occurred, restore the setting to a time when AOL was working properly.
Method 7: Cancel Open Print Job
On your PC, the printer icon is in the lower right corner of the taskbar. Choose from open print jobs one by one. Selecting Cancel will delete it. Restart your computer after uninstalling Print Spooler to be able to print from AOL Desktop Gold again.
Method 8: Update Internet Explorer Print Margin Settings
Incorrectly setting print margins in your web browser may also cause AOL Desktop Gold to stop printing. The following procedures will help you place the print margin correctly in Internet Explorer:
- On your computer, open Internet Explorer and select the File menu.
- Margins can be found by clicking on Page Setup.
- Set the top, bottom left, and right box margins to 0.25.
- To apply your changes, click OK. To see if the issue is resolved, resubmit your print job using the AOL Desktop Gold software after changing the print margin setting in your web browser.
Now you know what to do if AOL Desktop Gold is not working. You can verify AOL compatibility with your device or you can review the add-on. Stopping the program can also be a solution for some. Virus removal can also do wonders for your device. Downloading and running the updated installer is one of the most effective repair methods for AOL Desktop Gold not printing problems. Also, the default settings are often reviewed if nothing works. Canceling already open print jobs may also fix your AOL Desktop Gold not working issue, as it involves the process of uninstalling Print Spooler. In the end, updating the print margin settings may be your escape. If the program still does not respond or does not open, contact a professional AOL technical support team.