Hotmail is one of the top-rated email service providers in the world. People love Hotmail because it works seamlessly without any problems. Other benefits of Hotmail are free, fast, secure, widely accepted, and accessible. But, the bitter truth is that, like other email service providers, Hotmail is not 100% error-free. People can get some errors like Hotmail 403 error code. In the post, you will know how can you fix it.
Unfortunately, users around the world have reported experiencing Hotmail error code 403 on some occasions. If you are a Hotmail user and cannot access your Hotmail account, chances are that you are also a victim of the Hotmail error code Access Denied issue. If this is your case, then this is the right place for you to learn how to fix the Hotmail error codes or access forbidden errors on Hotmail.
This article is dedicated to educating everyone on the best ways to fix Hotmail access errors. By using the steps mentioned below, you can start using the Hotmail account as before and get maximum benefits.
What is Hotmail 403 Error Code?
The method to fix Hotmail error code 403 is to understand the nature of the problem. According to certified Hotmail customer service engineers, Hotmail error code 403 increases widely when there is no index page. Simply put, the index page is nothing more than a local file that the browser loads itself when you start browsing. This index page contains HTML codes and is located in a public directory on your device. Sometimes a user may face Hotmail error codes despite having an index page. A corrupted index page can also be the cause of the Hotmail Access Denied issue. He is not everything; Certain types of permission restrictions can also prompt Hotmail error code 403. This error is also known as Access Denied Error 403 or Access Denied 403 on Hotmail. Such an error can appear randomly on your screen when you are working on email or just browsing Hotmail.
How to Fix Hotmail Error Code 403
I understand how unpleasant it is to make a mistake. But here is good news for you. And the good news is that with just a few clicks, you can fix Hotmail 403 error codes. Given below is the step-by-step method to get rid of the Hotmail 403 error code.
- Click on the window icon available on the Start menu or in the left corner of your window.
- Now scroll down to find Administrative Tools and select the “Internet Information Services” tab. If you can’t find it in the list of options, look for it in the Console section.
- The “Internet Information Services” tab will take you to your device’s IIS settings.
- Now right click on the faulty directory which is giving you 403 error and then select Properties icon from the menu section.
- The next step is to access Anonymous Access and then select the Edit tab.
- Here is a list of options. Find and check the “Anonymous access” box.
- Now click on the “OK” tab to save the settings and go back to the Properties tab.
- In the “Properties” menu, select “Personal Directory”. Find and check all the boxes except the text “Read”. If you can’t find this tab, look for it in the “Authorization” section.
- To complete the process, click on the “OK” tab.
- Now for better results restart your PC and try to log in to your Hotmail account.