BellSouth not working today: Indeed, many BellSouth services have now been merged with AT&T. Nevertheless, you can easily access your Bellsouth.net email account. All you have to do is log in through the AT&T website. However, this change does not go smoothly for many users. It is not at all unusual to see various users complaining that BellSouth email is not working for them.
Not being able to use your email account when you want to send or receive important emails can be extremely upsetting. So if you are facing any problem related to BellSouth email then you should try to get rid of it as soon as possible. Read this article to learn more about BellSouth email errors and issues. Here we will provide you with 10 easy solutions to fix BellSouth not working issue most efficiently.
Common Issues and Problems with BellSouth Email Not Working
It is true that no courier in the world is completely safe from all kinds of problems. Some technical and non-technical constraints are inevitable here. BellSouth’s service, especially email, has improved significantly since its merger with AT&T. Still, there are some common email issues that you may face from time to time. The list of these problems is as follows.
- Unable to log in to BellSouth Plus email account
- Bellsouth email password not working
- BellSouth does not accept my username or password
- I am unable to send or receive email from my BellSouth account
- BellSouth Email Not Responding on iPhone/Android Devices
- BellSouth email not opening on Google Chrome / Mozilla Firefox
- my Bellsouth account was hacked
- My email account is blocked by BellSouth
- BellSouth email account stopped working after the windows update
- Bellsouth spam issue
- Bellsouth email server errors
- BellSouth IMAP/POP Settings Not Working
BellSouth Email Not working Today, how to fix it?
The best way to troubleshoot a Bellsouth Courier problem is by identifying the cause of the route and then taking steps to fix it. Here are some solutions you can try to get BellSouth email working perfectly.
The best solution to solve Bellsouth not working
Let’s go through some solutions that you can try to fix the BellSouth email account not working properly.
Solution 1: Check BellSouth Mail Server
- Indeed, the AT&T (BellSouth) server works well most of the time. However, there are times when the AT&T server does not work properly.
- You need to check and confirm that BellSouth Mail servers are not down in your area.
- You can ask other BellSouth Mail users if the service is working well in your area. If the service works well for other services, it indicates that there is no problem with the server.
Solution 2: – Temporarily disable the security program
- It is a good idea to protect your device with antivirus and Windows Firewall.
- However, you should note that antivirus and Windows firewalls can hinder the smooth flow of work.
- To check for this problem, you can temporarily disable security programs (antivirus and Windows Firewall) and see if that fixes the problem.
Solution 3: – Remove add-ons and plugins
- It is often observed that some add-ons and plugins can also prevent BellSouth Mail from working properly.
- To fix the problem, you need to identify and remove these add-ons/plugins.
- You can disable the plugins one by one and see if that fixes the problem. After finding the problematic add-ons, you can disable them and enable the rest.
Solution 4 – BellSouth Mail Password Recovery
- Not being able to connect to BellSouth is one of the most common problems users face.
- To resolve this issue, you need to make sure that you are entering the correct User ID and Password.
- If you cannot log in and get the wrong password error even after entering the correct password, then you need to run BellSouth Password Recovery.
- To reset BellSouth Password, you will either need to enter a temporary password that you will receive on your phone number/other email address or answer a security question.
- After resetting the password, you should be able to log into your email account easily.
Solution 5 – Check browser compatibility
- If you use BellSouth or AT&T email, you may know that it is compatible with most popular browsers.
- Still, some browsers can cause problems. That’s why you should avoid these browsers.
- For best performance, we recommend you to choose well-known browsers like Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox.
- Also, you should make sure that you are using the updated version of the browser. BellSouth email service may malfunction when using an older browser.
Solution 6 – Take a Look at Your Block List
- Another problem faced by a large number of users is not being able to receive emails from BellSouth.
- To resolve this issue, we recommend that you check your block list. You may have accidentally blocked the sender.
- If you want to unblock, you have to click on “Junk Mail” and then “Block Sender Tab”. Finally, click “Delete”.
- If someone else doesn’t receive the email you sent, you should ask them to check their block list.
Solution 7 – Check Your Spam Folders
- People who don’t receive emails from BellSouth should also check their spam folders.
- Sometimes because of the email service’s built-in filters, important emails can land in the Spam folder.
- So, if you miss emails too, you must check your spam folders.
- You can also forward important emails in your BellSouth Spam folder by clicking them in your inbox.
Solution 8 – Check available space on your device
- Whichever device you use BellSouth Email on, it must have ample storage space.
- Low storage space is one of the main reasons for Bellsouth email not working on android/Bellsouth email not working on iPhone.
Solution 9 – IMAP/ POP Settings
- To be able to send or receive messages through the default mail on iPhone, you should enter the correct IMAP/ POP settings.
- The correct IMAP/ POP settings to use the AT&T email account are as follows. IMAP SettingsProtocol – IMAP
- Inbound Server – imap.mail.att.net
- Inbound port – 993
- SSL – Yes
- Outbound Server – smtp.mail.att.net
- Outbound port – 465 or 587
- POP SettingsProtocol – POP3
- Inbound Server – inbound.att.net
- Inbound port – 995
- SSL – Yes
- Outbound Server – outbound.att.net
- Outbound port – 465
Solution 10 – Third-party email setting
- To be able to use the BellSouth email account on various third-party email clients, you need to provide the correct configuration settings.
- Configuration settings may be different for different email clients.
- Switching to IMAP or vice versa POP can also help.
If none of the above steps work for you, you can ask for help via Bellsouth email customer service.