Yahoo Mail is definitely one of the other popular email services out there like Gmail. You can use it alone or configure it on a third-party email client like Outlook. Apart from this, you can also use it in offline mode. But to take advantage of these features, you need to set up your Yahoo Mail correctly. Simply put, you need the correct SMTP and POP/IMAP settings for this. SMTP settings make it easy to send email. However, sometimes users complain that the Yahoo SMTP server is not working. This prevents them from sending emails transparently.
If you have the same problem, then we are telling you that there is no need to worry. You can fix the problem with these effective fixes.
Resolved Yahoo SMTP Server Not Working Problem
You can easily fix the problem through various measures. Let’s go and find out exactly what to do.
1. Know the Correct SMTP and POP/IMAP Settings
It is important to know the correct SMTP and POP/IMAP settings to avoid this problem. In particular, you must have the correct POP and IMAP settings, as any of these errors will also prevent the SMTP server from working properly.
- smtp.mail.yahoo.com is the SMTP host.
- 587 or 465 is the SMTP port.
- Enter your full email ID in the SMTP Username field.
- Select Generate Application Password in the SMTP Password field.
- pop.mail.yahoo.com is the POP3 host
- 995 is the POP3 port.
- Type yes to require SSL
- Enter your full email ID in the POP3 Username field.
- Select Generate Application Password in the POP3 Password field.
- imap.mail.yahoo.com is the IMAP host.
- 993 is the IMAP port.
- Enter Yes for Required SSL.
- Type your full email ID in the IMAP username field:
- Select Generate App Password in the IMAP Password field.
2. Use Safe Mode to Access
Sometimes you will find that the Yahoo SMTP server is not working due to interference caused by add-ons. If Yahoo works fine in this mode, you can rule out the possibility of problems with your account’s default settings. Here’s how Windows and Mac users can run their systems in Safe Mode.
Windows 10 users
- Start by pressing the “Start” button.
- Now select the “Power” icon.
- Hold down the key labeled Shift.
- Then tap on “Restart”.
- Select the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Follow this by selecting “Advanced Options”.
- Now select “Startup Settings”.
- Press the “Restart” button to allow your PC to restart.
- In the menu that appears press 4 to enable Safe Mode.
- Alternatively, you can also press “5” to enable Safe Mode with Networking. With this you can use the Internet.
- Turn off your Mac device. Don’t confuse this action with restarting the Mac.
- Now you have to wait 10 seconds.
- Press the “Power” button to turn on the Mac.
- After that, hold down and immediately press the Shift key.
- Release this key when the login window appears.
3. Find out problems with your Yahoo account
Another thing to do to avoid the Yahoo Mail SMTP problem is to check if there is a problem with your Yahoo account. Use these steps to check for existing problems with your email account.
- Launch the web browser of your choice that is compatible with Yahoo Mail.
- After that sign in to your Yahoo account.
- After logging in successfully, start composing emails. Enter your email ID in the “To” field.
- After composing the message, press the “Send” button.
- Wait 5 minutes and see if you get it within that time.
- If you are unable to send an email successfully, there is a deeper problem with your Yahoo account.
- But the reverse is true in the case where Yahoo can send emails without being configured on a third-party application. It means there is a problem with the app you are using.
4. Set Up Your Yahoo Account
Some users have the correct IMAP and POP settings but still face SMTP servers not working with Yahoo. The cause is not incorrect settings but damaged hard disk data. In such a case, it is a good idea to reconfigure your Yahoo account. Here’s how you can complete the process if you’ve set up Yahoo with Outlook.
- The first step is to delete or delete your Yahoo Mail account.
- After that, go to the “Add Account” option in your Outlook email.
- Now you have to enter the correct domain name and email id in the username field.
- After that, tap on “Next”.
- You can now choose the “Add Account” or “Advanced” option.
- Continue by selecting the “Manual configuration or additional server types” option.
- You will see the add account wizard on your screen.
- Here, select “Next”.
- In the next wizard dialog, select the “POP or IMAP” button.
- Now press “Next”.
- Finally, enter the correct Yahoo server settings. These parameters have already been mentioned in the previous section of this article.
5. Generate App Password
This step is part of additional troubleshooting that you can do for the Yahoo Mail SMTP issue. You can do this if the above measures did not give the desired result. Are you using Yahoo on a third-party app and have two-step verification turned on? In this case, you will need to generate an app password.
- Go to Yahoo’s Account Security page.
- Tap on the “Account Security” option.
- Now using this you can easily generate an app password.
A problem with the Yahoo SMTP server, not working can interfere with your email communications. The problem should be resolved immediately, especially by those who use their Yahoo Mail for business purposes. All the fixes mentioned in this article are easy to use and don’t require much technical support. However, if you still cannot resolve the issue, it is better to connect to the technical support service via email.