The Yahoo Messenger error 6 is a script error that occurs when using Yahoo Mail. A script error can cause web pages to load improperly or restrict page loading. When this error occurs in Yahoo Instant Messenger, the program fails to send the message but it notifies the user about the error.
What does Yahoo Messenger Error 6 look like?
When you’re stuck with a Yahoo Messenger error, you’ll see a “Script on this page has a problem” error message. Such errors can occur at any time while using your Yahoo Mail service. Let us proceed with the exact troubleshooting procedures to deal with Yahoo Messenger error 6 quickly.
How to Fix Yahoo Messenger Error 6?
You can get rid of Yahoo Messenger Error 6 and for this, you have to follow some steps mentioned below. This error usually occurs on Internet Explorer so; Let’s start with the troubleshooting steps.
Disable Script Debugging in Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click the little arrow that appears next to “Tools” on the menu in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Select “Internet Options” and click the “Advanced” tab and click to place checkmarks in the “Disable script debugging” and “Disable script debugging” boxes.
- Now click the Remove checkmark, the box next to “Disable prompt about every script error” will appear. If this box is checked, click OK and open Yahoo Messenger again to see if it is running.
Check Security Settings on IE
- Open Internet Explorer and click the small arrow next to “Tools” in the menu that appears in the upper-right corner of the page
- Select “Internet Options” and select the “Security” tab and select “Default Level” because higher security levels may block the execution of these programs.
- After that click “OK” and reopen Yahoo Messenger to check if it works without any errors
- Steps to clear temporary files from device
- You have to delete the temporary files from the device and for that, open Internet Explorer
- Click the little arrow next to “Tools” in the menu that appears in the upper-right corner of the page.
- There you need to select “Internet Options” and click on the “General” tab and in the Browsing History section click “Delete”
- Click the boxes that appear next to “Temporary Internet Files,” “Cookies,” and “History,” and click “Delete” at the bottom of the window. Click OK and reopen Yahoo Messenger to check if it’s working fine
Follow the steps and you are done a fix for Yahoo Messenger error 6. Update your Yahoo Messenger app using it with third-party apps and enjoy flawless service.