One of the well-known names in the field of email service is Comcast Email. Comcast email has several nice security features, which make it very reliable and convenient. But nothing is completely safe from hacking attempts. So it is better that you take care of the security of your email account. Many Xfinity users end up getting their Comcast email hacked. If you don’t know how to recover your account, all your sensitive information will be lost. But Comcast offers a transparent recovery process for handling a hacked account.
In this article, you will learn about the steps to identify and recover Comcast hacked email accounts.
How Do You Know if Your Comcast Email Hacked?
An account with weak or compromised security becomes a target for hackers. Everyone who searches the web for hacked Comcast email notices some suspicious things about their account. These include the following:
- If you spot an unusual IP address while browsing all the latest activity on your email account, this indicates an email breach.
- Find emails in the Sent or Outbox folders that you haven’t sent.
- Unknown emails in your inbox are another indicator of a hacker’s hacked Comcast email account.
- If your account recovery data has changed, your account has likely been hacked.
Comcast Email Hacking Problem Fixing Process
You’ll undoubtedly be horrified to learn that your Comcast email account has been hacked. But when you know how to recover hacked Comcast account, you won’t feel it anymore. Here are the steps to recover your account.
1. Change The Password
This is the first thing you should do when you find out that your email has been hacked. Go to the official Comcast webpage right away. Once there, tap on the “Forgot Password” link in the login area. This will allow you to change the password. Make sure to create a unique and strong password that cannot be easily guessed. It should contain complex words or phrases.
2. Allow 2-Step Verification
In addition to changing your email password, you’ll also need to enable September 2nd verification for your account. This is an additional security step that will make your Comcast account completely secure. This step will prevent hackers from accessing your data. You will get a 2-Step Verification Code sent to your mobile number. Use it to log in to your account.
3. Follow the Account Recovery Process
Comcast offers its users a way to recover hacked Comcast email accounts through a password recovery process. The process is quite simple.
- Go to the Xfinity login page.
- “Forgot Xfinity username or password?” From, tap “Password”.
- Now enter your Xfinity email address, username, or phone number to locate your email account. Then press “Continue”.
- In the next screen, enter the correct captcha.
- Answer the security question correctly, verify your mobile number or confirm your email ID to authenticate your authority.
- If you choose a phone number or email address to verify your identity, you will receive a verification code on your phone or email. You will need to enter this code on the Password reset page.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to create a new password or reset your Comcast account password.
4. Edit Security Questions and Update Their Answers
After performing a password reset procedure to fix the Comcast email hacking problem, you need to modify the security questions and their answers accordingly. This step will exclude any possibility of exposure later. Change the security questions because whoever controlled your account knows the answers to those questions. If you don’t change them, they’ll hack into your Comcast account again.
5. Change the Recovery Email Address
Now you need to change the recovery email id and its password as well. Secure it with your Xfinity account. Following this step along with the above steps is essential to recover your hacked Comcast email account and secure it for the future.
6. Analyze Your System
If your Comcast account has been hacked, there is a possibility that the system used to access email is at risk of malware. So it is better to run a full system scan to check for any active malware. Hackers usually use malware to gain security information from your system. If a virus is detected in the system scan, you should change your account password again to be safe. You can also log in to Comcast messaging service to find the best software to analyze your account.
The threat of email account hacking is real and its cases are increasing year by year. If you are facing the problem of Comcast email hacking, you need to be extremely vigilant and take proactive measures to protect your account and the data it contains. You can also talk to technical support services via email to deal with this situation.