AOL is not a new player, as it has been providing messaging since 1985. As a result, millions of users have their trust and sentiment attached to AOL. Even AOL never fails to impress and amaze its users. By offering a mailbox size of 250 GB, AOL has proven itself to be a customer-oriented service provider. In addition, AOL offers many other attractive features such as:
- 25 MB limit for attachments
- Storage capacity of about 5,000 messages (1,000 new and 4,000 old)
- Premium security features to control cyber attacks
- Support for IMAP, POP3, and SMTP settings
- Automatic corrector and spell checker.
But, to take advantage of all these features, you must be registered with AOL Messaging and have login information to AOL Mail Login Issue. Sometimes users have the correct set of login credentials, but due to some AOL Mail login issue, they are unable to access their AOL email account.
How to Fix AOL Mail Login Issue
Here we will discuss the issues that prevent users from AOL Mail Login Issue. Each problem is explained and taken care of by a precise solution so that you can fix AOL connection issues without any assistance. Read till the end to discover the “bonuses” we have for you.
Problem 1: Authentication errors
Authentication errors occur with a message indicating “Blurk Error 1”. The main reason behind this is wrong settings or an old browser version. To resolve this issue, you can try the corrective actions given below.
Solution 1: Troubleshoot browser issues
Part 1: Erase All Data
Try clearing all reserved data such as cache, cookies, and browser history first, and then check if that solves the problem. Also, you should consider avoiding Internet Explorer, as it is known to work better with AOL email services. However, we strongly suggest that you use other browsers like Edge and Google Chrome.
Part 2: Troubleshoot AOL Connection Problems with Internet Explorer
But some users want to stick with Internet Explorer. So here’s what you can do to troubleshoot AOL connection issues with Internet Explorer.
Add AOL to Trusted Sites
- Go to Tools >> Internet Options
- Now select the Security tab
- Select Trusted Sites, then select Sites
- Under “Add this website to the zone” type https://www.aol.com/.
- Click Add and then OK. click on
- Now restart your browser for the changes to apply.
Activate Protected Mode
- Click on Tools then Internet Options
- In the Security tab, click Internet Options
- Now check the box Enable Protected Mode and then select “Trusted Sites”
- Then select “Activate Protected Mode” and restart your IE browser.
Use No Add-ons Mode for Internet Explorer
- Click on Start then go to All Programs
- Select Accessories then System Tools
- Now choose Internet Explorer (no add-ons) from the list
Part 3: Change Browser Settings
Your browser settings play an important role in the success of the AOL Mail sign-in process. Therefore, it is suggested to adjust the security settings of your browser. Every browser, whether it’s Mozilla, Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Safari, has its own set of settings, so make a difference.
Problem 2: Unable to load AOL login page
AOL keeps changing its login page, especially since the past few years have been very busy for AOL. Currently, AOL email accounts can be accessed through https://login.aol.com/. Logging into AOL Mail is very easy if you know the correct platform and account credentials. But if the AOL login page causes problems for you, we have suitable solutions.
Are you unable to load the AOL login page?? Here is the solution.
Solution: Blurk Error 4! Means a problem loading the AOL login page. This happens for a number of reasons, but it can be fixed if the problem is addressed properly.
Here are some corrective actions that you can try to resolve the loading issue with the AOL login page.
1. Clear and restart the browser
These loading problems are usually related to browser problems. Therefore, it is advised to clear your browser of all unwanted and reserved data such as cookies, cache, and history and then restart your browser. This is the easiest but most efficient way to successfully load AOL web pages.
2. Delete Cache and Temporary Files from the System
If your device is full of cache and temporary files, it covers all the space used by other services. So deleting system registry files, cache, temporary files, and emptying the trash can do the trick for you. Also, check for unnecessary programs and remove them and their associated files to free up space on your device for other services to run properly.
3. Change Security Settings
Sometimes firewalls and other security programs on your device interfere with the operation of AOL services. Therefore, it is suggested to temporarily disable security services while logging in to AOL. Also, you can try:
- Disable web filter option
- Verify that access to AOL.com is not disabled.
- Add AOL.com to Trusted Sites.
Problem 3: AOL not working on iPhone
Solution: iPhone users often face several problems while signing in to AOL. They are advised to follow the below-given recovery steps to clear AOL connection errors.
- Update your iOS, as the older operating system causes some problems with email services, especially AOL>
- Clean your device of junk mail, then restart your mail.
- If the problem doesn’t go anywhere, you can try deleting and reinstalling the AOL Mail app.
Problem 4: AOL Password Problems
Solution: The correct combination of password and username is the key to successful access to your AOL account. If you forget any of them, you will not be able to access the account. However, the forgotten password is the most common problem.
So, here are the steps to reset your AOL password
- Open a browser and go to www.aol.com
- Now type username and click on Next
- Then click on the connection problem option
- Here, AOL will give you several options to reset your password.
- Either you can reset the password using an email address using a registered phone number.
- Select any one and go to the next steps, now you will get the verification code.
- Enter the code in the box and you’ll be able to set a new password for your AOL account.
Bonus: General Troubleshooting Tips
If you are unable to resolve AOL connection problems with the above recovery methods, we have some other troubleshooting methods available to you. These methods are also effective for all devices and platforms.
Tip 1: Check Internet Connection
Internet connection is the most important thing to run any mail service or any other application. Therefore, if you are unable to connect to AOL Mail, check the Internet connection. Make sure your device is properly connected to the Internet. If you haven’t found it, then take the necessary steps to make it viable with your device.
Tip 2: Check Browser Settings
A browser cache and temporary website files help the site run faster. The cache will improve every time you browse the website. As a result, users face common problems like outdated pages, frozen websites, pages not loading or unresponsive, etc. However, sometimes it can trigger a connection issue in AOL email. To resolve this, check your browser settings. First, clear your browser history, then clear all cache, saved cookies, and other temporary files. After doing all this, try to log in to your AOL mailbox. If the problem persists, try using different browsers.
Tip 3: Change Firewall Settings
A firewall is the default security provided by Windows; It blocks all unwanted access to websites or viruses on your device. However, due to the blocked nature of websites, it can cause problems when signing in to AOL Mail. To resolve this issue, you need to change the settings by following the points mentioned below.
- Open Control Panel or Windows Settings and type “Windows Firewall” in the search bar.
- Click “Allowed Programs” and check whether www.aol.com has been authorized.
- Uncheck the column for the “Web Filtering” options.
- Now open a browser and log in to your account
Tip 4: Use your browser with the default settings
Even after clearing browser cache, history, and temporary files and still having trouble signing in to your account, it is suggested to use your browser with default settings. Doing so may clear out adware or add-ons, bookmarks that may hinder browser performance. However, if you want to restore the browser default settings, try to save all the data like bookmarks, stored passwords, etc.