The Yahoo mail app comes with a very user-friendly interface. At the same time, it also offers one of the most advanced configurations for users when it comes to the email exchange. That is why this feature-rich email service is very popular among people. However, those who have been using it for a while will be familiar with some issues that crop up. Yahoo Mail notifications not working on Android is a common problem. But there are various tricks you can use to fix it.
This problem can occur for various reasons. But now that you have discovered this article, you can learn more about the various fixes.
Why are Yahoo Mail Notifications Working on Android?
As mentioned above, there can be various factors behind this problem. It is essential to understand the reasons so that you can implement an appropriate solution. Some common causes are listed below.
- You do not have an active internet connection.
- Do Not Disturb is turned on by mistake.
- You have incorrect background app refresh settings.
- You have not enabled power-saving mode.
Fix Yahoo Mail Notifications Not Working on Android
Whenever you stop receiving notifications from the Yahoo Mail app, you should start a quick inspection of your Android device. You can fix Yahoo Mail notifications not working on Android by checking the following.
1. Check Your Internet Connection
You must have a strong and active internet connection. Many people unknowingly turn off the internet on their phones. This will inevitably result in you not receiving any notification from Yahoo Mail. Examine the internet speed. If it’s slow, you’ll also experience issues receiving notifications. Yahoo mail service can best be used if you have a strong and stable internet connection.
2. Disable Do Not Disturb (DND)
One of the main reasons for Yahoo Mail Notifications on Android not working is DND mode. Many people turn it on when involved in a complex task that requires their full attention. You will not receive notifications from any app on your Android device when you do this. You will also be surprised to find that DND is enabled by default on Android phones. So, check the settings and disable it. You will then start receiving Yahoo alerts on your device.
3. Inspect Background App Refresh
If background app refresh settings are not enabled, you will also complain that Yahoo Mail notifications not working on Android. So, check this setting and see if it is enabled. This setting, when enabled, allows apps to run in the background. As a result, you keep getting recent alerts from them. Other than that, check that you have enabled the option for the Yahoo Mail app.
4. Check that you have not activated the power-saving mode
Enabling battery and data savers is useful when you want to save internet data and battery power. However, when you enable it, it may stop your Yahoo Mail notifications. So, if you are facing this problem, make sure to turn off power-saving mode when there is an adequate battery in your Android device. You will start receiving all notifications.
5. Activate all toggle switches
This is an easy way to fix the problem with alerts in Yahoo Mail. You must ensure that each of the toggle switches is on to receive all alerts. To check if they are enabled, go to “Settings”. Then go to “Notifications”. If they are not enabled, enable them.
6. Delete and Reinstall the Yahoo Mail App
Deleting and reinstalling the app can also fix the issue of Yahoo Mail app notifications not working on Android. After reinstalling the app, follow these steps:
- Click the Yahoo Mail app icon on your Android device to open it.
- You will be redirected to the “Connection” screen.
- While logged into your email account on the app, enable notifications through your device settings.
- On your Android device, tap the “Settings” app.
- Next, click on “Notifications & Apps” in the “Settings” section of your device.
- Now click on the “Yahoo Mail” option and choose “Notifications”.
- Finally, click the “Show notifications” toggle button. This will activate the notification.
When you find Yahoo Mail notifications not working on Android, it might seem annoying. You may indeed miss critical work-related emails if you do not resolve the issue in time. But the good part is that all the measures explained in this article solve it effectively. So, you can try any of them and find the cause of the problem in the first place. If the problem persists, contact the Yahoo Mail Help Specialist services by e-mail. Professionals will quickly solve any kind of problem-related to emails.