Verizon’s messaging service is known for its security features. However, users have recently struggled to maintain the security of their accounts. Complaints about Verizon Email hacking are becoming increasingly common, forcing everyone to learn how to protect their accounts. If you find that your Verizon account has been compromised, you should take steps to reset your account password. After that, you need to follow some steps to prevent this incident from happening again in the future. In this article, you will learn how to Recover Hacked Verizon Email Account and step-by-step instructions to get your account back.
Hacked Verizon Email Account Signs and Their Consequences
There are several signs by which you can be sure that you are facing a Verizon email account hacking problem. Here are the important characteristics of a compounding account.
- Your contacts will start complaining that you have received inappropriate emails from your ID, even if you have not given them such emails. These inappropriate emails refer to spam emails that a hacked Verizon account would send to others in your Verizon email account contact list.
- You will see that your display name has changed.
- You’ll start to remember the various Verizon emails you’d expect.
- You will have the irrelevant password reset emails on your Verizon email account.
- Users may also find that they can no longer log in with their email account password.
Awareness of the dangerous consequences of a hacked account is essential. Your Verizon account contains very important data about your banking details. If hackers take over your account then hackers can easily access it. They will use your bank details to do all the transactions. In fact, less than 7,000 Verizon email accounts have already fallen victim to this type of theft. Hence it is essential to secure your account or recover it as soon as possible if it is hacked.
How to Recover Hacked Verizon Email Account?
When you find that your Verizon email has been compromised, you should reset the password immediately. Here are the steps to reset it.
- First, open the web browser you use to access Verizon Mail.
- Go to the Verizon email login page. Now on the login page, tap on the “Forgot Info” option.
- Enter your User ID and Postal Code. Now enter it again and press the “Continue” button. Follow the on-screen instructions strictly.
- You will get a temporary password by SMS or call your registered phone number.
- Type this text along with the temporary password you received on the web page.
- You can now configure a new password for your email account.
- After entering the new password in its respective text box, tap the “Finish” button. That’s it, the password recovery process is complete.
How to Secure Verizon Email Account to Prevent Hacking
There are several ways to protect your email account from hacking. Some of the most effective are mentioned below.
- Enable two-factor authentication. This ensures that no one else can access your Verizon account except you.
- You should also review and modify your account settings if necessary.
- Go to the “Listed email accounts” list and select “Edit” to remove the unknown entries.
- Review your email signature and remove any text you don’t recognize.
- Check your list of blocked addresses and check if there are any email addresses that you blocked by mistake.
- Answer security questions that are hard for anyone to guess. Security questions prevent suspicious activity on your account. So, answer these questions to the best of your ability.
- Install good antivirus software on your system. This will prevent your system and your account from being vulnerable to hacking attempts.
- Disable third-party extensions that provide access to your data. This will protect the information you have provided.
- You can also report suspicious activity on your Verizon account. Visit this link to report account fraud. Verizon also has a fraud department that tracks suspicious activity. But if you see any suspicious activity, you can notify them immediately.
I hope you now know How to Recover Hacked Verizon Email Account. Follow the steps to recover a hacked Verizon account and use the tips to keep it safe for later. If you cannot deal with the hacking threat yourself, contact the expert support team via email to effectively protect your account.