Are you looking for ways to create email templates in Outlook? Maybe you want a more efficient way to send the same email multiple times, or maybe you just need a consistent formatting pattern each time. Whatever your reason, this guide will help you easily understand how to create an email template in Outlook. We’ll cover the best ways to do this and provide some tips and tricks for easy access to your templates. So read on and learn how to take your Outlook email experience to the next level.
Top Reasons to Create Outlook Email Templates
Creating Outlook email templates is not difficult and only takes a few minutes. There are many reasons for creating email templates. Let’s discuss the top reasons why you should use email templates the next time you find yourself sending similar messages:
- Email Templates Save Time – If you find yourself typing the same response over and over again, an email template will help save you valuable time by allowing you to quickly insert your pre-written response into any new email. Simply open the template, make any necessary changes or adjustments, then click “Submit.”
- Build Brand Consistency and Recognition – When you use an email template, your recipients begin to associate your logo, signature, and messaging style with your brand. This will increase the likelihood that they will open and read your future emails, as they already know your brand identity.
- Personalize Messages- If you want to include custom fields in your Outlook email template so that each recipient feels like the email was written just for them, Outlook makes it easy for you.
Steps to Create an Email Message Template in Outlook
To create an Outlook email template easily, follow the steps given below:
- Open Outlook and click on “New Email”.
- Type the message you want to use as a template. Add any images, formatting, signatures, etc. you want to include in the template.
- When you’re done, click File > Save As. And it will open the “Save As” dialog box.
- In the “Save as type” menu, select “Outlook Template (*.oft)”. You can also save the file as an HTML file if you want to edit it in a web browser.
- Enter a template name and click “Save”.
How to Use Outlook Email Templates
To use the template, navigate to “New Items” and click “More Items.” This will open the “Select Form” dialog box.
Select “User Templates in File System” from the Look in the drop-down menu.
Select a template from the list of available templates and click “Open”.
How to Respond Quickly with Outlook Email Templates
Generally speaking, you probably spend a good portion of your day sending and answering emails. And if you use Microsoft Outlook, there’s a built-in feature that can help you save time by creating templates for frequently used replies. This way.
- Start by opening Outlook and clicking on the “Home” tab.
- Then tap on “Quick Steps”.
- From the drop-down menu, select the Create New option. A new window will appear. In the “Name” field, enter a name for your Quick Step.
- From the “Action” drop-down menu, select “Reply”.
- Select the “Choose an action” option and in the Answer section, click Answer.
- Select the Show option and enter the message you want to use as a template in the Message field. You can also include attachments here if you want.
- Note: You can also create a keyboard shortcut to use Quick Steps. For example, here we have created a keyboard shortcut of Ctrl + Shift + 4.
- If you want to add more actions, select Add action and do the needful.
- Once you are done, click on the “Finish” button.
- To use your new Quick Step, simply select the email you want to reply to and click on the Quick Step you created. Your template will be automatically populated and all you have to do is click send.
In conclusion, we hope that this information has been useful to you. It is important to note that there are several ways to create Outlook email templates. For this, you can follow the steps given above.
And you can use our PST repair tool to repair corrupt or damaged PST files. The software is easy to use and helps you to repair your Outlook data. If you have any further questions or need assistance resolving PST corruption issues, please do not hesitate to contact us.